EVHS Charitable Donations Instructions and Guidelines
Legally all money collected/earned by a club or student organization at EVHS must be deposited into the School Bank. No money may be taken out of a club or organization’s account without following the RPO process. There must be a CLEAR and concise accounting of all funds. It is the responsibility of the club advisor and the treasurer of the club to keep concise records and copies of all RPO forms, deposit receipts and purchases receipts for their club.
If a club or organization wishes to make a monetary charitable contribution to a non-profit organization certain procedures must be followed. Please follow the process below to ensure that your club remains compliant with state recommendations.
Charitable Cash Donation Process:
1. Students collect check or cash donations (checks are preferred)
2. Check donations should be made out directly to the Charitable Organization that will be receiving the donation from EVHS. (DO NOT MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO EVHS)
3. Students must submit the cash to their advisor and obtain a receipt
4. Advisors can submit the cash to the bank for safe storage, however, no receipt will be given.
5. Advisors must document all cash turned over to the bank in their own club/organization records
6. All cash should be securely enclosed in a zippered bag or strong zip lock baggy clearly marked with the name of the club and the organization to which it is intended for donation
7. When the donation drive is over, the Advisor must collect the money from the School Bank and personally give it to the charitable organization
8. If money must be sent to the organization, the advisor must obtain a cashier’s check and send it via the mail.
9. Provide proper documentation in your club’s records of this entire process.